Monday, October 27, 2008

4 Powerful Questions Every Man Asks Himself

In my experience of working with men, the principal distinction which separates a man from a boy is a man's willingness to ask himself difficult and powerful questions.  It is the truest measure of masculinity and maturity; deep self-inquiry.  Asking powerful questions leads a man towards powerful conversations with himself and others and ultimately lands him at a place of solid, indisputable knowing of who he is as a man and what he stands for.  

So many men shirk from deep inquiry as if it's the realm of metrosexuals, celebrities, or even worse,...women.  Thankfully, for men who abandon the process of finding out who they really are, the universe provides an abundance of 'wake-up calls,' which are designed to stop them in their tracks and ask, perhaps for the first time, who the hell am I?  Personally, I'd rather ask myself a challenging question or have a trusted friend give me some straight feedback about me as a man, than have a near death experience, or lose a loved one before I get the importance of my life.

So, in my view, here are 4 powerful questions every Man asks himself.

1. What does love mean to me?
2. Am I living my life out of my deepest fear?
3. Which value would I defend with my life?
4. What is my ego's fatal flaw?

A powerful man clothes himself in the truth of who he is and moves forward in the world by taking steps which deepen his awareness and builds his self worth.  He impacts and leads others by knowing that he only has control over himself.

1 comment:

chopper said...

testing - is this thing on? i just typed a long comment and it seems to have been banished to the bowels of blogdom :(